How to Help a Loved One
How to Help a Loved OneHearing loss is usually not something that happens overnight. Everyday your loved one hears a little bit less. At first it’s hard for them to know if they really do have a problem, because sometimes they can hear and sometimes they can’t. But there are signs that you can look for to tell if they’re having a problem.
Signs of Hearing Loss
- Do they misunderstand conversations, especially in crowded areas?
- Do they turn the television or radio up so loud that it disturbs others?
- Do they favor one ear over the other?
- Do they feel that people speak too softly or complain that people mumble?
- Do they ask people to repeat what they said… more than you know they should be asking?
- Do they have trouble understanding phone conversations?
- Do they not hear the turn signal in the car, or hear the doorbell or telephone ring?
- Do they complain about ringing or buzzing in their ears?
Why don’t they want to do anything about their problem?There are many reasons